Friday, September 28, 2007

Who Goes There????

Okay, so I am in the kitchen doing dishes, humming away to myself because self is the only one in the house--besides the cats. The cats are sleeping at my feet (where they can be sure to trip me when I turn to grap something-it is their Olympic sport and they love to train) and all is peace with my the world. Now, mind you, it is 6:00 in the morning (I do my best housework at wee hours) and I totally am engrossed in the task at hand. All of a sudden the front door bursts open, the cats run for cover (some protection they would ever be in a moment of crisis), I scream, drop a glass, splash water all over myself and start praying for guardian angels when. . . . . . are you ready? In bounds my grandaughter Olivea. Happy as a lark she throws her arms around me and says good morning Grammy!! I at this point am feeling very sheepish and hug her back and thank God it wasn't a home invasion!!! I call off the angels, thank God for them anyway and take big deep breaths to help my heart calm down! I forgot to lock the door when I let the cats in and also forgot that she was coming to go to school from my house. Olivea is who goes there-duh!!!

No comments: