Friday, June 8, 2007

My Very First Posting

This is my second attempt to post my first blog. I have never done this before and wouldn't you know I hit a wrong button while attempting to show someone what I was doing. I had said in my first post that I was nervous about doing this because I might hit a wrong button or something and mess it up (I am very prophetic). Well, they say that you can't teach an old dog new tricks but this grammy is going to give it the old college try, again!

Today is Friday, thank God, and I have scrapbooking tomorrow. Things at my house are all in an uproar right now so I am very glad to be going scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is fun and I love it. It is very relaxing for me and helps to soothe my nerves. I belong to a group of ladies that get together once a month to work on our projects. Aunt Fay is part of our group and that gives us some quality time to spend together. I am currently working on baby Vivian's book. I have Olivea's all caught up and am now free to concentrate on Vivvie's book.

Olivea is such a great kid and she is so funny. Yesterday, when I got home from work, she came dancing out of back bedroom singing a little ditty about a really horrible substitue teacher they had that day. The little ditty goes something like " U.G.L.Y. (spelled out) you got no alibi, you ugly, you ugly! Over and over again -- I am thinking she didn't have a really good day with this sub, ya think!

Vivian is growing so fast! She is crawling and pulling herself up on the furniture already. She was caught standing up in her bed the other day so we had to finally take out the insert so she wouldn't fall out on her little head. She is so beautiful and a very good baby! She is much loved by her big sister and she loves her big sister right back - especially when it comes to pulling her hair (or anyones hair for that matter).

I think that the big kids are starting to get excited about the end of the school year and the opening of our community swimming pool. Last week we had some really hot days (I got sunburned) and they were saying that they can't wait to go swimming --our pool opening has been delayed because we had to have new sand filters put in but it should be open by next weekend. I tell ya, after the winter we had around here I am looking forward to some nice warm weather--not too warm mind you but warm.

Last month I went on a trip to San Diego to a conference for the coop I live in. I am on the Board of Directors for Homewood Terrace Cooperative and am the board secretary. The conference this year was, as I mentioned, in San Diego and besides the conference classes that I took I was able to go to Seaworld and tour Old Towne San Diego. I really had a lot of fun and also learned a lot for my coop too! Next year's conference is in Las Vegas! I have been to Las Vegas before but it will be nice to go back again--hopefully I will be able to see somethings that I wasn't able to see before, like the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam.

Well, I will sign off for now. Keep checking out my blog for more fun, family news.

Love, Jimie



3 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Congrats on your first post! :)

Living the Life.... said...

This is going to be great. You did a great job getting it started. I can't wait for pictures!! Miss you -Dee

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!