Monday, August 13, 2007

Garden Hobbler

Well, just so you know, I did my best to get my front yard finished yesterday - and I almost made it, no thanks may I say, to my two cats. I did get all the cardboard boxes that had been left behind by my recent movers, cut up and put in the recycle bin, I crammed Olivea's two bikes into my tiny little storage area and got all the nasty butts that the smoker's,that used to live with me, left laying around all swept up. I rearranged some yard furniture and made a nice little seating area by my front window. Doing all this while stumbling over my cats who seemed to think that I could not do the job alone.

I also managed to weed out the two flower beds that run along my sidewalk. This turned out to be a major accomplishment because Elliott and Hermoine decided that they wanted to sleep right where I was weeding. I had to constantly move them out of the way. So, when they weren't sleeping in the flower beds they were sleeping on my gardening cushion (old, thick couch cushion I use to sit on when working in the garden). I'd push them over and sit and they would snuggle up close to my backside and sleep and then have the gall to get miffed when I had to change positions. Finally, without their help, I totally cleared the beds of all the weeds and moved the flowers that were there to a different location. It looks really nice and is now ready for some new plantings of the low growing variety, however, the cats are mad because there are no cushy weeds to sleep on now!

By the time I was finished I could hardly walk and it took me a few minutes to make it up off the ground but I did it!! Yeah, and the crowd goes wild!! Lucky for me that my cane was near by so I could use it the help pull myself up -- I did keep my cell phone by me just in case I had to call one of my daughters and say "Help, I've been gardening and I can't get up!" Today is another story -- I can hardly move right now and I still have the flower bed that runs along the front of my place to finish! Yikes!! I think I will put it off a day or two - wadda think!

No comments: