Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Special Time With Olivea

Olivea and I got to spend some special time together this weekend and we spent it by going to the movies together and by just spending time talking and cuddling on the couch. Livvie and I checked out a new feature of a movie theater in our area that has gone to $2 movies. They charge $1 on certain days of the week and $2 the rest of the time. We saw Nancy Drew and Olivea really loved it - I love hearing her laugh! I think we will go to this place again--can't beat the price.

I have posted some new pictures--not just to show off my grandchildren--but to show off my daughter, Erica's, improving camera skills (I am talking about the pictures of Vivian)! Erica has always been interested in taking pictures and loves natural settings. I have a beautiful picture of Livvie that she took that just takes my breath away when ever I look at it. I will see if I can post it later.

I also spent some time with my daughter Erin this weekend. We had a little visit then I left her to babysit Livvie for me while I went to lunch with my Mom and sister (before Livvie and went to the movies). It was great to see Mom walking so well on her own. She is really doing great with her walking and didn't even use her walker - although she should just to help keep her balance a little. Sis is doing great and we had a good time talking and visiting with an old family friend that met us at the restaurant. It was good to see her and we made plans to get together soon with our kids and grandkids. Erica and I went to dinner at a local Mongolian Grill on Sunday . . . I should have taken a bib, I could have borrowed one from Vivvie! I love their noodles . . . but they don't love me much. You know what happens when you slurp those noodles, yep, all over the front of me. I told the waitress that next time I am bringing a bib, she told me not to worry, she has long apron in back! She was so cute and right on!

I talked to Mathew on Friday and he was going to be out of town over the weekend. He went to Vancouver and spent some time with some friends. Mo stayed home to watch Earl, their dog, but will go next time. I talked to Matt just yesterday and he said that he had a good time and was really relaxed. Our Mo has been going through some rough times as his Dad has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer and it has become invasive and there is nothing that can be done. Mo has been going home to spend time with his dad as much as he can, while he can. It is so hard to lose those you love--our prayers are with the family.

God Bless . . .

No comments: