Monday, July 2, 2007

Moving Day is Coming!

I am so excited, the kids got the okay on their apartment today and will be moving the weekend of July 14th. It is a bittersweet move. I am a firm believer that adult children with their own families should not live with their parents. I don't mind giving a hand when one is needed but when it is time to go it is time to go! I will miss them but I will get over it especially when I will now have a room to dedicate to my scrapbooking and computer. I love them dearly and they can come and visit me anytime, but, they will now have a home to be in of their own. I am so happy. My stress level declined about 90% today!

This last weekend I went down memory lane with my aunt. I am starting to do the research and gathering of materials for my personal memories book. As a young girl I grew up in Buckley, WA, a little town in the foothils of the Cascades. We first lived out of town on a small farming plot with a small farm house, barn and chicken coop then moved into town to a small quaint little house. My aunt and I took camera's in hand this last weekend and went to Buckley to photograph the old houses that I lived in for my memory book. Well, they say you can never go back -- you can, just don't expect things to be at all the same! The old high school was still there but the elementary school had been torn down and a new modern building was in it's place. The farm house was there but had been built onto so dramaticly that it didn't really look the same at all. The house in town was still there and did look pretty much as it had back in the day so I did get pictures of it and the high school. I also got pictures of the police station and a restaurant that were still there from my childhood. We also made a stop at the library and found some books on the history of the town and the fire department. The book on the fire department was a treasure of pictures and information on some long time friends of the family and I was so lucky to find it. All in all it was a great trip because I got to spend time with my aunt but it was bittersweet as respect to our memories of the old homestead. We consoled ourselves by going scrapbook stuff shopping, we felt much better when we left Ben Franklins and Wal-Mart, packages in hand!

Love, Jimie

No comments: